Comfort Casserole

Comfort Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cotttage

Miz Helen's Comfort Casserole

Through the years from time to time I have been asked to bring food to a family who is grieving the loss of their loved one.  This is always a very difficult time for everyone. Sometimes we are asked to bring a certain dish but more times than not we are just told, " oh you know, just a casserole, or salad, or dessert".  I was recently in that situation and this is the Comfort Casserole that I took. Several people have asked me if I would put it on the blog and I am always happy to be able to share a recipe with all of you.

Comfort Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cotttage

Chop the Onion

Comfort Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cotttage

Brown the seasoned Ground Chuck with the Chopped Onions

Comfort Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cotttage

Cook the Egg Noodles and drain well

Comfort Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cotttage

Blanch the Mixed Vegetables and drain well

Comfort Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cotttage

Mix Soup's and Sour Cream

Comfort Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cotttage

 Shred the Pepper Jack Cheese

Comfort Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cotttage

 Ready to Take of Freeze


Comfort Casserole
1 pound cooked ground chuck or
2 cups cooked chicken medium chop
1 medium onion chopped fine
1 6 oz. package noodles cooked according to directions and drained
1 16 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 16 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 package frozen mixed vegetables cooked and drained
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
2 teaspoons parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

This casserole freezes well
I like to keep packages of cooked chicken and cooked chuck in the freezer for these times when I may be in a hurry to prepare a dish.
If you are preparing from the beginning:
Brown the chicken or chuck with the chopped onion until cooked through and drain.. Mix the soups with the soup cream then add to the chicken or beef. Cook the frozen vegetables and noodles and drain well then add them to the mix along with the cheese. Stir in the parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Pour into a 9 X 13 casserole dish I will sometimes use a foil pan that can be thrown away after using. That way the family doesn't have to worry with returning a casserole dish.
Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes

When I making this dish I usually make two casseroles one for giving and one for the freezer or to have here at The Cottage. On the day I made this one Leonard and I had one and we took one to a family in our church who had lost a loved one.

I appreciate you stopping by today its always great to see you. Come back soon...

Peace and Joy
Miz Helen














Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. What a wonderfully meal for comfort, so filling and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful comfort meal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love casseroles! Yours sounds so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger Lemon Girl,
    Welcome to The Cottage. I am so happy you will be following along with us. I will look forward to seeing you here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this type of dish that can be made ahead and kept for those nights when I just don't want to cook! It looks good!

    Thanks for visiting me:)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah Beyer
    Welcome to The Cottage. I am so happy that you will be following along with us. I will look forward to seeing you here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miz Helen, this is the perfect comforting casserole. Perfect for the cold fall and winter nights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The casserole looks delicious. I think the ultimate comfort food is the love that you give along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly a comfort dish with meat, veggies,pasta & sour cream going into one hearty dish! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so tasty! The perfect meal after working out in the garden all day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure you are appreciated in your community, serving up comfort (literally) to those in need. This looks yummy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have tasted this one....I AM going to take a stab at making it myself. It truly makes me want to put some soft pajamas on and curl up in front of a movie with a bowl of this casserole in my lap!
    Miz Laurie D.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm cooking from my pantry and freezer next week and this looks like a perfect fit. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wanting to say a big Thank You from my family who really enjoyed your comfort casserole!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Comfort Casserole - a perfect name for this! I love casseroles like this on Sunday nights for some reason, so this is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen