Whats For Dinner Next Week: Green Chili's Enchilada Chicken

You are invited for Dinner, just look at the menu and pick a night, so come on in and we will take a look at what we will be serving for Dinner next week here at The Country Cottage.
We have been discussing the concept of food planning and how it effect's our time and budget so I wanted to share with you a series of "Whats For Dinner Next Week". Just some menu idea's and a few recipes along the way in hopes that it will make your week a little easier.Our Grocery Sale Ads come out on Wednesday, and I like to plan my menu's so I can get my shopping done before the week end, so I will be posting this series on Thursday each week.

Sunday
Grilled Flank Steak
Fresh Green Beans & New Potatoes
Sliced Tomatoes with Basil Oil
Garlic Bread
Fresh  Peach Ice Cream

Monday
Slow Cooker
Green Chili Enchilada Chicken
 Fresh Steamed Asparagus
Green Tossed Salad
Flour Tortilla's
Fresh Berry Short Cake with  Ice Cream

Tuesday
Pinto Beans
(don't forget to soak the beans the night before)
Roasted Seasoned Potatoes
Lettuce and Tomato Salad
Mexican Corn Bread
Lemon Cup Cakes

Wednesday
Slow Cooker
Bar B Que Ribs
Cole Slaw
Pinto Beans (left over)
Roasted Corn on the Cob
Peach Ice Cream (left over)

Thursday
Mexican Meatloaf
Mango Salsa
Tossed Green Salad
Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
Lemon Cup Cakes (left over)

Friday

Turkey Burgers on the Grill
Pinto Bean and Corn Salad
( made from left over corn and beans)
Seasoned Sweet Potato Chips
Watermelon Sorbet

Saturday
 Fish Fry
Catfish and White Fish
Spicy Cole Slaw
Fresh Black Eyed Peas
Oven Baked Hush Puppies
Ice Box Surprise Pie

Slow Cooker
Green Chili's Enchilada Chicken
From Monday Menu


Green Chili's Enchilada Chicken at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Posted by Picasa

Green Chili Enchilada Chicken
2 1/2 to 3 pounds of Chicken Thighs
washed and dried
Mix together
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin Powder
Rub the mix all over the Chicken
Pour into Crock Pot
1 15 ounce can Hatch Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
1 cup of Fresh Orange Juice
Place the rubbed Chicken in the Enchilada Sauce/Orange Juice Mixture
Turn the Chicken making sure it is covered.
Cover and Cook 4 hours on high
or 
5 to 7 hours on low
When the Chicken is cooked through
Pour the liquid into a sauce pan
add
1/2 cup Orange Marmalade
Zest of one Orange
1/4 cup fresh chopped Cilantro
Cook sauce over low heat until reduced by 1/3
Plate the Chicken
Drizzle the sauce over the Chicken
Garnish with Fresh Sliced Oranges and Cilantro

Let me know "Whats For Dinner Next Week" at your house...I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Happy Eating!

Peace and Joy
Miz Helen














Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. I have printed this recipe and i'm going to try. It sounds wonderful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, It is really good, we loved it.
    Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there....I can truly say that you can shave about 30% off your grocery budget if you will follow this amazing advice...this is what I teach my clients as well of course I learned it at the Kitchen Table with my MOM, it is funny because often times without knowing it we will fix the same meal on the same day...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing!!!! I'm gonna have to try it sometime.
    Love you...Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I still haven't tried your green chili/orange juice combo...I seem to lean toward lemon, rosemary, and thyme with the occasional addition of dijon mustard. I'll have to give this a go. Just bought a bunch of hatch chilis to roast and freeze. :)

    Thanks for linking to Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The menu reminds me of all the ones you created while I was living at home. Each night always a beautiful meal. Wish more of it had rubbed off me. :)

    Love you,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum - I'm definitely going to have to try something like this. Hatch chiles are in abundance right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen, Just found your blog. I am somewhat of a dingleberry in the kitchen. So, I am wondering where you can buy a can of hatch chillis? Thanks, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracy,
    Look in the Mexican Food Section of your Grocery Store. If you can't find the Hatch brand where you live, Old El Paso, or any other brand that carries Green Chili Enchilada Sauce will be fine.
    If you can't find it at all, just let me know and I will tell you how to make it with green chilies.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Miss Helen, I'm going to the store to buy the ingredients for the Green Chili Enchilada dinner and get it going in the crock pot. My husband comes home from business travel this evening and I want to do something special for him and he LOVES chicken thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To Anonymous and Husband loving Chicken Thighs:
    Hope your evening is everything you hope it will be! Let me know how your dinner turns out.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miz Helen. it's Laurie (anonymous person with husband that loves chicken thighs). I am very excited that my Green Chili Enchilada dinner was a big hit! While rice is the obvious side for this dish, my kids prefer potatoes so I made some mashed potatoes to go with it. The sauce was actually pretty good with it. The only thing I did wrong was I used thighs with skin on which made the sauce a little greasy. I took the skin off for presentation and serving. My husband commented that he would love it if I made this every week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well at another closer look the photo of your dish looks like the thighs have skin-on....guess I got it right after all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen